“Chocolat Chocolat” means Chocolatier de France Ltd , company number 06789572 , registered in England and Wales also referred to as “we” or “us” in these terms and conditions.
We want to give you a fantastic service and for you to be really happy with us,but if you have sent or received one of our products and you are not happy with the experience, please send us an email straight away at email@example.com . We’ll do our very best to get back to you within 24 hours, and we’ll do everything we can to put things right for you.
We take payment when you place your order, rather than at the time of dispatch. This is to help avoid any last-minute hitches that might delay your delivery. We’re not able to accept an order until we’ve checked and approved it, and if there is a problem we’ll be in touch within three working days. We run special offers from time to time and these are to be used independently, not in combination.
If we have your product in stock and we receive your order before 1pm (UK Standard Time) we’ll put it in the post the same day. If we get your order after 1pm, we’ll send it out the next working day. If for any reason we are not able to do this we’ll get in touch with you by email to offer you a different product, a later delivery date, or, if you’d prefer, a refund. And just so you know, we don’t send out any items on the weekend.
Items that need to be made may take longer, but we will tell you at the time of ordering what the current production time is.
Any orders containing alcoholic products are not available for purchase by anyone under the age of 18. We ask for consent at point of purchase and our couriers may require ID upon delivery of any orders containing an alcoholic product.
Returns are only accepted for goods which arrived damaged or are sent in error. If you find your order damaged or you have received the wrong product please contact us immediately. Depending on the condition we will offer to re-send the items or exchange them. Our chocolates are perishable goods we do not offer refunds in any other circumstances.
Corporate Orders Policy
All orders are to be paid in full upon confirmation. Production will not start until payment is received, so late payment may affect delivery dates. If you wish to cancel your order, please note the following points. If an order is cancelled more than 60 days in advance of the agreed dispatch date, a 100% refund will be offered providing we have not incurred any costs. If an order is cancelled between 60 and 30 days in advance of the agreed dispatch date, a 50% refund will be offered. Unfortunately we are unable to offer any refund if the order is cancelled with less than 30 days’ notice before the agreed date of dispatch.
From time to time we will provide seasonal offers for free delivery. These are subject to the terms stated above. In addition they will always have an order threshold of at least £20 or more, and will be applicable on orders being sent to one address only within the UK. We also offer free delivery on orders over £100 that are being sent to a single address. We cannot offer free delivery if your order is over £100 but being sent to more than one address.
Most of our deliveries are handled by Royal Mail, who advise that their Tracked service delivery can take between one to two working days. 95% of Royal Mail parcels arrive the very next day but some can take an extra day and therefore this is not a guaranteed service. Unfortunately we’re not able to take responsibility for any delays on their part. But if there are any problems, we’ll do our best to let you know as soon as we can. Royal Mail categorises a parcel as ‘lost’ if it still hasn’t been delivered after 15 working days. If your parcel has still not arrived after this time, we’ll happily offer you a refund or send your parcel out again, completely up to you.
Please note that if no one is available to receive your order the items may be returned to us and any re-sends will be subject to further P&P charges. We cannot accept responsibility for non-delivery if the recipient is not available to receive the order.
Our next working day courier service delivers to mainland UK from Monday to Friday. So, if you place an order for courier delivery before 1pm between Monday and Thursday we can deliver it the next day. If we receive your order before 1pm on a Friday it’ll be delivered the following Monday. If you’d like a Saturday delivery please place your order before 1pm on a Friday and choose our ‘Saturday Courier’ option. We use a range of couriers for our Next Working Day service and you will receive a notification email the day before the item is due to arrive and then another on the day of delivery specifying your 1 hour delivery slot. Should you wish to amend any of the delivery details, or advise a safe place or to leave with a neighbour you can do so by following the link in the notification emails.
Unfortunately there are a few places our courier isn’t able to deliver to. They are: Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Scilly Isles, Northern Ireland, Guernsey, Jersey, Scottish Highlands and Isle of Wight. So, if you’re sending to any of these places and you select ‘next working day courier’ we’ll send your collection out by Royal Mail Special Delivery, which takes one to three working days, depending on the region.
Our courier company guarantees their deliveries for next working day, but they can’t cover delays that are out of their control. And although we pass any specific delivery instructions on to them, we can’t guarantee that the driver will carry these out.
We send overseas deliveries using Royal Mail’s International service or FedEx International.
Royal Mail International parcels get priority handling and tracking in the UK and are despatched from the UK on the first available flight. Once they arrive at their destination, they’ll need to be signed for.
Please note that parcels sent by Royal Mail can only be tracked while in the UK; they are not tracked to their final destination. And Royal Mail cannot confirm who signed for the item or provide a copy of the signature. In the unlikely event that your parcel is not delivered, Royal Mail advises that we must allow 25 days after posting before it can be considered lost. This is because your parcel may have been held up in customs or, if they could not deliver it, be in the process of being returned. Delivery times are not guaranteed and we’re afraid that we’re not able to accept any claims for delays and damaged goods not covered by insurance.
FedEx parcels are tracked throughout the whole of their delivery journey and need a signature.
We’re not able to accept responsibility for return postage costs or items lost or damaged in transit to us or any other circumstances beyond our control, except at our discretion.
We reserve the right not to send a message that may contain offensive and/or inappropriate content.
We reserve the right to withdraw our discounts at any time.
COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please call us at +44 (0) 1223 778 982 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All parties or courses are to be paid in full in advance. If you wish to cancel your party you will receive a 100% refund if cancelled 21 days in advance, and a 50% refund if cancelled between 21 and 14 days in advance. Unfortunately we are unable to offer any refund if the party is cancelled with less than 14 days notice.
Competitions and offers
From time to time we run competitions on our site. The below terms and conditions apply.
- Competition details form part of these terms and conditions
- Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of Chocolat Chocolat, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over and proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
- The winner(s) is(are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
- Confirmation of the prize will also be made in writing to the winner(s).
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.